Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Just Letting Go

Relax and Let It Go

Relly, an old friend of mine from highschool used to describe me as "so uptight, that if you stick a lump of coal up his ass, it would come out as diamond". I found out later on that he ripped that one from the movie Ferris Beuler's Day Off. Of course he said that in good nature, but it was rather true.

I was very uptight and serious kid. The responsible, K.J., nagpapakamature kid. The kind you voted for class president or treasurer or something. Although, having grown up, and having taken to a rather liberal, unbounded, and sometimes radical lifestyle, I still have that prude of a kid inside me.

And being too serious did cause me a lot of stress. Even going out and having fun became an organizational task, with me stressing over the details and everything.

It took time for me to understand the value of letting go. Through the years, I saw the value of letting things run their course. I learned that I didn't have to do everything, and that sometimes, things fall into place better if we let them, rather than trying to control or fix everything.

...Well...As usual, I'm having trouble concluding my entries. But its 5:30 am and I'm coming up dry. So, rather than forcing some sensible thought at this hour, I think I'll just let it go.

That's all for today. Goodnight good people.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home