Saturday, November 29, 2003

Tofu Lunch

TOFU LUNCH

I had lunch with my best, and possibly oldest friend today. We've been good friends since gradeschool, and best friends though college.

We hardly see each other nowadays, both of us being busy with our relationships, work, family etc. But we get to have a short chat every few months. Today we had lunch at Likha Diwa, the art venue/vegetarian cuisine place in UP, shared a few stories, updated each other how we were doing, what we've been doing since we last saw each other (3 months would be my guess).

It was mostly light talk. None of the deep esoteric philosophical talks guys sometimes have when they spend the night drinking. "Pare, what if you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?" or "Dude, what's the meaning of life?". Just a meal and some stories.

I was leading to some "deep" philosophical insight from this, but I seem to have lost my train of thought. So, I'll just say that I'm glad to (finally) have caught up with my old friend, shared a few words, and without being too sentimental, remembering, acknowledging, and thanking him, who has played a big role in my life by simply spending time with him. Even if its just a tofu lunch.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home